2.08.2008

..... the Forest for the Trees


...... a little ode to ADHD, OCD, and all the other pyschiatric acronyms that could possibly diagnose why I cannot - and never have been able to - focus. I can't seem to clean up after myself like most other grown-ups, am a horrid procrastinator, and have a hard time with the final steps of a project. There is a terrible empty feeling with every piece of work once it is completed..... thus, I seem to prolong packaging things up.So, I spend a lot of time doing things that make absolutely no sense... lack profitability.... and clutter my workspace and my head. But, I seem to think they are important on some level I have yet to grasp.

This is a picture of just two of the scores of mutilated bars of soap that have experienced the wrath of me and a pair of tweezers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like you just described me! Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone with these feelings and actions. HeHe. I love these soaps, they are really beautiful!

kait said...

These are so beautiful! Yeah, I spend a lot of time wondering what my brain is up to when my best intentions are focused, but nothing else is....

Iben said...

I think you make beautiful and interesting jewelry, and you are a great artist. I know how it is to have a cluttered brain, and a really cluttered bench!

L said...

I love this post, it's very enjoyable to read...a lot of us feel that way but you put it oh so very eloquently into words and bars of soap!!

: )

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!

I'm very much with you in what you described, especially the part about bringing projects to a close... I have a few things that have been sitting on my bench for months now, I'm embarrassed to say.

The soaps are amazing! I bet that felt good, didn't it--one fellow OCDer to another.